Elvirina belongs to the Thumánn people, a breed that appears human. Their secret society is set apart by their unique gifts, a very different way of life and lastly how they love their men. At birth, every Thumánn female is appointed a soul mate. At the age of seventeen, Elvirina is more than ready to start her adult life with her given soul mate– Joshwin. Living apart from their own people, but existing amongst humans, Elvirina and Joshwin are forced to change schools. A shift in their relationship occurs when Elvirina encounters the enigmatic Blake at her most vulnerable moment and must face the consequences.


Dec 9, 2010

Chapter 33: Answers



Elvirina




Waiting was a nightmare and I had no clue when he was going to show up. I asked Joshwin several times that day and the next, if he had called. But he hadn't and there was no answer. How long would it be before he would tell me no? I did a lot of pacing, chewing my nail, gritting my teeth. Back and forth, back and forth, chew chew chew, mixed with a nerve pinching sound from grinding my teeth. Sunday around noon, I was done waiting and begged Joshwin to let me call him. He told me no, that I should give him time to think. Annoyingly, I knew that he was right, I just didn't feel like being patient any more. I tried to do some sketching, but I ended up sitting still with the pen in my hand, imagining all the ways Blake would turn me down.

Early that afternoon I heard wheels crunch against the gravel in the courtyard, someone was coming.

“Are you ready for our lives to change?” Joshwin asked, teasing my frazzled nerves. I grumbled an unintelligible answer. I couldn't form words at this point so I made Joshwin check to see if it was Blake. I was too distressed to do it myself. My family would know something was up if they saw me like this. I wanted Blake's answer before I had to see anyone else.

I heard his voice through the crack in the door and my heart literally plunged to a halt. This was it, he would turn me down now. My palms started sweating profusely and I forgot to breathe. I sat on my bed and hugged my legs hard to my chest. I followed the steps on the stairs as he climbed. I squeezed harder around me legs when I heard Blake grin a little, just before the door opened. I couldn't even look at him.

“Good luck and I'll give you some privacy.” I wasn't sure if the words were said out loud as I just stared at my feet.

“Hi.” A husky voice said softly.

A little dizzy I pulled in a heavy breath. “Hi.” I whispered. I dared a glance up at him.

“You look nervous as hell.” Blake closed the door behind him. I nodded and put my abused nail to my teeth. Blake saved it just before I made it bleed. “You look like you are gonna hurl, are you okay?” He frowned concerned.

I tried to find the non-existent brave side of myself to say something. “I'm fine.” I mumbled. I was not good with handling my nerves.

“Uh huh.” Blake nodded amused. He pulled up a chair and sat down in front of me. He pried my arms from my legs and took my hands in his. “Sorry it took so long, but now that I actually had somewhere else to be, I couldn't get rid of my mom.”

I nodded idiot-like.

Blake kissed my hands. “Do you want to hear my answer?” He teased.

Nodding seemed safer than words, so I worked that angle again.

He heaved in a deep breath. “Well, my answer is sort of a partial yes.” He waited evaluating my face. Yes? Partial yes... but to what? I stared at him, it seemed more simple than just answering with nodding. “Elvia, calm down.” He kissed my fingers again and I noticed how hard they were trembling.

“What do you mean by a partial yes?” I dared, my voice was tread thin. He hesitated briefly.

“I think we should take this slow. We both know how we feel, so perhaps easing into this would be healthier on both of us. I don't want to destroy this thing we have because we were careless with it. So figured if we take some things from your side and some things from my side, we could try to work this out.” He paused. “Would that be okay with you?”

I cleared my throat and tried speaking. “Sounds reasonable. Which parts do you want?” My voice trembled like a thin, overstretched thread.

Blake grinned. “Our own kind of dating.”

“But I don't date,” I grumbled. Our way of life was far more straight forward. There wasn’t so much doubting and switching partners, we were much more direct in our approach for life partners.

“Well you do now. Elvia I need to learn a few things.” He sighed heavily, insecurity molded the gray in his eyes. “I need to physically feel if I'm going to be okay with Joshwin. Thinking about it, I think I'm okay, but some things are very different in reality.” His eyes flickered back and forth. “I need to learn how to live this kind of life.”

“I understand.” I wheezed. Relief started to wash over me violently. My body was heaving for more oxygen.

“And I don't think I am the only one who needs to adjust.”

“What?”

“Joshwin. He might seem smooth and fine, plus this is your way of life. But I will bet my trust-fund that this isn't a picnic for him. And it is a big ass trust-fond. He is not a simple guy and he is doing this for a reason Elvia. But selfish as I am, I am taking as much as I can within reasonable sanity.”

“Joshwin isn't like that.” I protested. It wasn't our nature to back stab or set some one up to fall.

“Sure.” Blake mused unconvinced. “But I want this. I want to try us – to see if we could work.”

“I think it could.”

“Of course you do... you did ask me to marry you.” He paused again. “There is something else. I have a feeling you haven't mentioned this to Kasardian, because you completely blow me off when I ask about him.” His strong gaze held my eyes.

I shook my head. “He still won't talk to me.” I muttered.

“Because of me?”

“No... yes, but mainly because of what I've done, what we've done.”

“I see. I want him to know. I don't want sneak around behind his back.”

“That is very noble of you.”

“Not really. I saw the way he looked at Joshwin... once. And after Serenity, he scares the crap out of me.” He grinned. “I know he's important to you and you are struggling with him right now. I don't want to cause any more problems between you two.”

“Thank you.”

“You're absolutely welcome.” Blake smiled.

Shocking relief washed me into his arms and I fit there perfectly. Hugged closely to him I breathed in the scent of his skin. It seemed less dangerous now, now that I was permitted to have the feelings I did. I hugged him chokingly tight.

“I love you.” I breathed against his skin.

“I love you.” Blake whispered and pulled me even tighter. “You wanna tell Joshwin?”

“He probably already knows.” I mumbled. “But give me a few more minutes of this.” I needed to soak myself in Blake's warm arms a little while longer.

“I can agree to that.” I detected the increasing humming protectively around me as I acknowledged how much I missed Blake and how happy I was just sitting here engulfed in him. This wasn't desire or confusing hormones, this was pure Blake and I loved him. Not the same way I loved Joshwin, but very close. This was my heart and my heart had chosen Blake. It was a different and unexpected love. I thanked Earth that both Blake and Joshwin were willing to test it.

“I can't believe you agreed to this.” I fastened my arms harder, tips of my fingers boring into his shoulders.

“Neither can I. I just miss you so damn much. I can't stand being away from you. It hurts so fucking much not to see you or hold you.” Blake sweet words were murmured against my neck. I was sure I felt him press his lips to my skin a few times. I just kept breathing his smell deeply into my lungs. This was an epic moment of proportions. I couldn't shove into my head that he almost said yes. Basically, I didn't care that it was only an almost yes, it was heaven compared to the kick in the face I had expected. I felt a small tear slip down my cheek.

The long embrace had to end and it was time to inform Joshwin of what he probably already knew. We found him outside on the back porch, inconspicuously waiting for us I suspected.

quiet congratulations in my head. Together Blake and I explained what his answer was and how we would be dating as Blake had asked.

This was new and strange for us all. To Blake all of this was new. To Joshwin and I; we knew this was coming, but we didn't know when and what it would feel like not to be exclusive anymore. We had no idea how this was all going to pan out. We all had to learn. Joshwin and I had spoken lightly about how things would be, but I let him handle the details, after all this was harder on him than me. He was making the biggest adjustment. He had been the one setting things in motion and now nothing was up to him. I was set free and Blake was holding all of the power. He could still choose not to want this life. Joshwin couldn't, he could only set me free.

“I have conditions.” Joshwin started slowly laying down the law. The air was very cold and clear.

“When do you not? Let me hear them,” Blake said bravely as he took a seat next to me on the bench. Joshwin leaned against the porch railing.

“You are welcome to come and go as you please.” Joshwin informed pointedly.

“Thank you.”

“We have agreed that you can see Elvie whenever you want.” This was a part I that knew well. How things went in a normal second and third marriage was up to the matriarch, she would choose when to see who. I chose the same, but out of respect I had consulted with Joshwin. He had agreed it was okay to continue this tradition.

“Okay.” Blake nodded.

“I have arranged for you to have a room here, you can stay over whenever you please.” I said. This wasn't normal. But Blake lived a bit away and I needed him to feel welcome in case this would become his home. He should have the same privileges now that he would have later, but this was news to Blake. Joshwin had kicked up a slight fuss as he didn't agree, but I stood my grounds, it was important to me that he felt welcome.

“Seriously?” Blake asked surprised.

“Yes. I know you don't like to be alone anymore.” My face softened with a smile. I was glad to see he was happy with that.

“That's really generous. Thank you.” Blake chewed nervously. “I have something else. It is a condition of mine.”

“What?” I asked.

Blake turned to face me. “I want to keep this a secret.”

“Okay, but why?” I wasn't planning on that demand. Not that I was planning on flaunting it to the world either. I stared at him searching for a reason.

“People are not going to understand.” Blake said quietly, rubbing his palms together.

“He's right.” Joshwin confirmed.

“But I am not ashamed or anything.” Blake said. “I just don't want to put any of you on the spot.” He looked back and forth between Joshwin and I with honesty.

“No one will care.” I complained.

“Don't be naive Elvia, everyone will care.” Blake countered sharply. It went quiet for a while. Our conversation wasn't super pleasant, but it was necessary in order to make this work. We all needed to know the rules to play by. I studied both their faces. Blake was still elegantly composed, surprisingly enough, and Joshwin was working on something.

“One final thing.” Joshwin said. He looked straight at me for leagues of time. Seconds ticked by and the tension was as crisp as the chilly winter air. He glanced at Blake briefly then his eyes returned to me. “Please wait with intimacy until after Blake decides if he is in or out.” The hammer fell hard and unexpected.

“Oh my fucking god.” Blake complained in a horrified groan and his head fell heavily into his hands. He groaned again.

“But Jos...” Blake cut me off with a strange snort.

“That's what I was talking about when I said I needed to test a few things. It is very strange to be confronted with stuff like that.” He muttered with his face buried in his hands.

I felt my eyes go hard and rage almost boiling inside of me. “That is not up to you.” I almost sneered. Joshwin had no right.

“It is my condition, take it or leave it.” Joshwin said flatly. I knew it was I who was spoken to more than Blake. It wasn't his place to make that demand. When rights to exclusivity were abandoned it was usually because a second marriage was on the steps and if a woman chose to share her bed with a future husband, it wasn't any of the soul mates business. Normally a soul mate would never interfere. So if I chose to spend the night with Blake, Joshwin was supposed to butt out. He knew that very well. Joshwin and I stared at each other. He knew he was publicly defying me. Testing me. Silence. Also, I had promised Blake that Joshwin wouldn't meddle in our relationship.

Blake recovered. “I can agree to that.” He intervened, oblivious to our silent struggle.

“Elvie?” Joshwin said strained. Blake looked back and forth between us. Joshwin's voice softened, he knew he was out of line. “Please respect me.” He said low and pleading. He knew he was losing the battle, my unfamiliar frozen eyes were still locked on him.

I tried to control my temper. I was a matriarch and he wasn't supposed to interfere. He had already renounced his rights, but I couldn't stop my face from hardening further in betrayal. “Because I love you, I will agree to this.” I worked hard not to hiss at him. I knew it wasn't a pleasant thing to let me go, but why would he do such a thing? Publicly conflict my authority. He had never done that before. I had never thought he would, what was his need to do this? It could only be one thing. Possibly he thought our bond was in danger. Perhaps he hadn't given up as much as I thought.

Joshwin looked down and studied his feet. “I know I have no right, but I had to do this, he needs to understand us. Please respect my wishes. Forgive me.” He begged.

“It's okay I understand.” I emphasized. I could appreciate his position, he wanted to save a little more time for us. But it was impossible to ignore my matriarchal instincts. I had never felt them this intense before. It was ripping at parts of my heart and brain I never knew existed. Concocted with confusion it was really hard to be certain my theory to save time for us and protect our bond was the honest truth.

Joshwin nodded and Blake looked confused back and forth between us. It took a few minutes for the tension between us to calm, but Joshwin became reasonable again and the mood lightened. “So here's what I've been thinking. You are still considered to be my friend, but from time to time you hang out with Elvie. We don't tell the family anything until you are clear on your final decision. I think it is best to fly under the radar until we let the bomb drop on the family. So I would prefer if you keep your... dating discrete around here as well.” I could see Joshwin found the concept amusing. This wasn't our way, but he respected that it was Blake's

“How many family members will be kept in the dark?” Blake asked.

“Mine and Serenity's entire households and only Elvie's mom know about this.” Joshwin answered.

“... and Kasardian?” Blake prompted.

“No, he won’t know.” Joshwin said.

“That's not what I mean.” Blake turned and looked at gravely me, waiting for me to speak up.

I cleared my throat. “Blake wants me to tell dad, it is one of his conditions.”

Joshwin chuckled. “Good one, but I am sure you know Elvie and Kasardian don't really talk right now.” Joshwin's face was appreciative. We hadn't talked much about the pending situation, but Joshwin was sad for what my father and my relationship had evolved to - Which was nothing.

“That is exactly why I want him to know what is going on.” Blake smiled acknowledging Joshwin's appreciation.

“You can actually be quite decent when you try.” Joshwin appraised and moved his feet shyly shoving a small stone with his foot.

“Gee thanks. I have one more condition. I would prefer if you two do not have mental conversations when I'm around. It makes me nervous and Joshwin you tend to forget to speak out loud.”

Joshwin looked up astonished.

“Fine.” Joshwin and I agreed at the same time.

Joshwin looked back and forth between us. “I'll give you some space.”

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“Hunting with Chrystan.”

“Okay.” Joshwin released the railing and bent to kiss me. Peripherally I saw Blake move his eyes to the floorboards. But if he was going to do this, this was one of the things that came with that package. I knew Joshwin probably didn't think about this gesture. He kissed me every day – multiple times.

“See you... and I'll probably see you later as well Blake.” Joshwin said politely.

Blake gritted his teeth a little uncomfortable. “Yep... say hi to Chrystan for me, will you?” Blake released a heavy sigh when Joshwin disappeared around the corner. “Ugh, that was a first.” He rubbed his eyes like he'd seen Jesus turn water to wine in front of his very eyes. He took my hand and watched his fingers lace into mine. His skin wasn't as dark as mine. “Was that okay?” He searched my face for approval.

“You were like a pro.” I grinned.

“What do you wanna do now?”

“How about we go for a walk?”

“Fine, as long as you don't get cold.” An insinuatingly icy wind blew across the porch making me shiver. I went inside, flung on a sweater and headed out into the crispy cold again. We passed through the garden out back and headed for the trees. Blake walked slowly behind me. I could hear his steps mixed in with my heavy pulse combined with the energy from Earth. We barely cleared the rim of the woods when a set of arms restrained me and whirled me around in a speedy swoop. Warm lips crushed down on mine with unpredicted force. Instinctively I greeted him and returned his acute kiss in uncontrolled joy. Blake stumbled backwards and suddenly the ground was inches from my face. Blake coughed a laugh as the wind was knocked from his lungs. He kissed me again a little more gentle this time.

“I'm sorry, I just had to do that.” His lips found mine again.

My head was buzzing with activity. There were so many things legal from today and in the future. I could see Blake without feeling guilty towards Joshwin. I was allowed to kiss him and apparently visa versa. I could enjoy my feelings, I could breathe safely without anyone getting hurt. As unconventional as everything was, it was perfect, except from Joshwin's surprise uprising to normal Thumánn standards. But I could live with that out of the respect for him. I stole another kiss from Blake when he stopped. I could feel his lips tighten happily under mine in a smile.

“So what do I actually call you?” Blake crooned playfully.

“How about something normal from your world, something simple. Girlfriend.” I chirped.

“Mmm, I like that. Girlfriend.” He mused pleased. “You know, this isn't much of a walk.” We were still against the cold forest floor. I didn't care; I just nestled in closer to him and rested my head against his heavy jacket. Blake kept stroking my face, his fingers never got cold. He was so warm.

“What was that between you and Joshwin back there?” Blake asked quietly.

“What was what?” I asked tentatively and reserved.

“Elvia, now that we are doing this, I expect you to be honest with me. So tell me what that silent argument was about? I need to learn your ways; what was it Joshwin did? You were not happy about it at all; you looked ready to snap his fucking neck.”

“He defied me.” I said slowly. This was the first time my matriarchal instinct had kicked in full throttle. I was a little stunned by the force myself, but I was powerless, I protected my rights.

“Defy as in not obey?”

“Close.” I moved and popped up on my elbow. “It is not normal for a soul mate to make the request he did. For us to... uh not make love. He has waived his exclusivity rights to me and it supposedly is none of his business what goes on between us.” As usual the blush crept into my cheeks as I fumbled around the word ‘make love.’

Blake smiled knowingly his eyes twinkling with humor. “So basically, by asking me to keep my hands out of your pants, he defied you?”

“Yes.” I kept my face even when I answered, hoping the blush was fading.

“And that's not a good thing, I can tell by your face.”

“No.”

“Does he do that a lot? I mean defy you?”

“No. Never! It is in general considered a very crude lack of respect. In our culture I'm in charge.”

“Would I have to obey you as well?” Blake asked hesitantly.

“Somehow I have a feeling you wouldn't listen.” I grinned at the idea of Blake bending to our customs, it didn't really seem logical.

“Probably not.” Blake laughed. “But don't be mad at him, his only trying to protect you.”

“Are you taking his side?”

“Perhaps, so the question is now...” Blake mused persuasively. “Would you defy him?”

My heart did the rhetorical slam against my ribcage. My body acutely aware of the seductive finger Blake stroked at the collar of my sweater with teasing lightness barely grazing my neck. His electric current was molding itself around me. It took me a moment to locate my mouth at the front of my face where it had always been. “No. Would you want me to?” I asked without hesitation, my voice had turned smooth and silky.

“Hmm... yes, but...” He paused with a wicked smile. ”I wouldn't want to disrespect Joshwin so no, I guess.” The subtle graze had changed more distinct. I rested my head back down and fell silent, so did Blake. We were both feeding on the energy we were allowed to explore now. There was no need for words.

We stayed like this until darkness stole the final rays of daylight. Sometimes we kissed softly. Blake's face was a healthy pink at his cheeks and tip of his nose.

He pulled me up and walked the hundred yards back to the house. I went upstairs to change my clothes and to have a few seconds alone. My head was still so busy. It was hard to keep up with all the changes. It was hard to knock into my head that I was 'dating' Blake. I felt my face break into a smile.

I stared at myself in the mirror and vanity set in. My hair was tangled with tiny pieces of dry leaves and twigs from the forest bed. I looked like a wild person. I tried to yank my brush through it, but it was hopeless. I quickly stuck my head under the shower and started to rinse the debris out. I was pleased to see it worked.

Blake slowly pushed the door open to my room. “Are you busy?”

“No.” I answered as I continued towel drying my hair.

“Can I see it?” His grayish eyes were soft and inquisitive.

“See what?” I turned, fully facing him.

“Your tattoo.”

“Um sure.” I turned my back and Blake slowly started to pull my shirt up. I felt light pressure of his fingers when he traced the pattern up my back. I felt his distinct humming when his fingers moved.

“It's really beautiful.” He said quietly.

“Thank you.”

“Joshwin made it?” His fingers moved slowly down my spine again.

“Yes, it is Joshwin's commitment mark on me... you know that right?”

“I do. Joshwin showed me his just now.” He carefully pulled my shirt down again. “Would I be getting any tattoos?”

I turned to face him. “No. Soul mate privileges.”

“Oh.” He mumbled bleakly.

“Joshwin's back?”

“Yes not long ago. Apparently meat is on the menu today.” Blake grinned shortly.

“Are you staying for dinner?”

“Do you want me to?”

“You wouldn't pass at the chance of fresh meat, would you? I smirked glancing over my shoulder.

Blake laughed again and inclined his head. I saw the double edge in my words and sighed. I was setting myself up for catastrophe. I felt an arm come around me from behind and my hair was pushed in front of my shoulder. His thumb rubbed against my hair line. My skin reacted to the touch and the sizzling from Blake. His lips pressed warmly against my neck and slowly moved toward my ear. “Am I allowed to do this now? Officially?” Blake breathed huskily against my skin. His arm tightened across my chest and I leaned against his body. It was hard to not think about the gray areas I was so used to when I had felt a fraction like this. But the ecstasy of giving into my feelings sent my heart throbbing. I moved my head to the side and gave him access. I relished the feeling of his warm mouth working over my neck. I sighed content.

“Elvie. Dew wants to kn...” Before I could really register Joshwin's voice, a sharp spark snapped hard and bounced off my skin, raising goose bumps. Blake jerked away from me vast as a strike from as snake. “Oh sorry... aw.” Joshwin sneered, when he leaped protectively between Blake and me. I barely noticed the spiked current slapped across my chest, before it changed to a tingling, sizzling strongly and shaping itself up my spine. “Blake did you just shock her?” Joshwin asked in startled dislike.

“Yeah I think I just did.” Blake's face withdrew into a scared grimace. He shook his hand as if he accidentally had placed it on a hot stove.

“It's okay Blake, I think you were just startled.” I tried to comfort.

He took several deep breaths, before the humming subsided and turned harmless. Not until this moment did I notice just how dangerous the current had been.

“I am so sorry.” He murmured. Blake's face changed as he looked horribly guilty at Joshwin. It was too easy to see what Blake was thinking.

“Don't worry about it.” Joshwin said calmly. This was another first today; for us and for Blake, well a first when not counting the very first time when Joshwin had arrived to take me home from Blake's in a very questionable state. But we knew it would happen eventually and it wasn't a big deal, it happened in all families that one walked in on another. But this was a big deal to Blake it was clear as stars in the sky.

“It's okay Blake.” My words carried no conviction to him. He was almost bouncing out of his skin with uneasiness. The strange new world he needed to test.

Joshwin took a different approach - The high road. His voice was stoic as he did exactly what was expected. “Elvirina, Dew wants to know if you will help him with dinner... and Blake I will learn how to knock.” Joshwin smiled slightly and kissed me at my temple before leaving us alone.

“Oh my fucking god. Just like that huh?” Blake heaved in a deep breath and held it in. His face twitched uncomfortably.

“Just like that.” I paused and followed Joshwin’s light approach. “Now that we got that first really awkward moment out of the way, do you wanna help with dinner?” I held my breath waiting for my own initial panic to settle.

He nodded forcefully and shoved his hands deep in his pockest. “I'm really sorry about the shock.” He mumbled with guilt written all over his face.

“It's okay. Now we know not to scare you.” I tried to keep it light.

“Yeah.” He answered chagrined. He moved to the door and pushed it closed and turned the lock. “You never did answer my question.” His smile turned wicked.

“What question?”

“About things I was allowed to do.” Blake stepped close and ran a finger across my bottom lip.

“Uh, I am your girlfriend, so what do you feel like doing with a girlfriend?” My voice had that specific chiming purr again.

He grinned unashamed now. “Kiss her.”

“That would be just fine.” I didn't have to say anything else before a set of warm lips surrounded mine and a specific tingle ran through my body. Blake was the one who had to end the kiss and unfortunately when he did, my insides throbbed for more. When would I ever learn to control myself?

“Before we go downstairs I think now would be a good time to tell Kasardian what is going on.”

“Blake, don't pressure me.” I groaned

“I want to try this and I am eager to start. But this wouldn't go very far if he kills me in my sleep. So until you tell him, we are officially on hold.” Blake threatened with a promising smile.

“Ugh!“

“So...” He mused with a familiar tease and leaned over me. I was sucked into his gleaming eyes. His lips shaped a contagious smile. “Until then, Dew is waiting for us to help with dinner.” The lock snapped open again.

“If it is that important to you, I'll talk to him.” I snapped annoyed. We stepped out to the hall. “It won't matter much anyway. I can't possible piss him off more than I already have.” I mumbled.

“It is important to me,” Blake said calmly behind me. Perhaps it was a good skill to have to be able to listen to the needs of the people you love. Last time i didn't it wasn't pretty. My fingers ventured over the disfigured skin under my shirt. It was always a constant reminder.

“I have something to show you.” I walked away from the stairs again. I pushed the door open to what would be Blake's room if he chose to accept. I stopped my wishful thinking and stuck to the facts. “This is yours.” The room was empty except for a bed and a desk. It had never been used. It was supposed to belong to a brother and sister of mine that had never arrived. The room next to mine had always been empty.

“My room... huh?” Blake smiled pleased. He stepped to the window and looked out.

“Yes. Bathroom is down the hall. And you can be your own decorator, I know how you feel about the one we used. So do with it what you please.”

“Thanks.” Blake moved from the window and came to hug me. He held me tight while I breathed in his smell. “Really really thank you.” He whispered thickly.

Blake wasn't exactly a help in the kitchen, but he put in a good effort. His family probably didn't spend time orchestrating massive family dinners or spend time together for that matter. I decided it was better leaving the simple tasks to him. Slicing tomatoes, rinsing lettuce didn't require complicated cooking skills. Looking at Blake's elegant face it didn't seem to bother him one bit to be put to work, no matter his lack of expertise. Blake simply laughed it off.


3 comments:

  1. awww as always really good and you are a good story teller i need to write a story about the mental hostipal for english i do know how is the spelling grammar and punctions that i am bad at sometimes lol take care nelly you will be a great author someday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember i will always be there to support u:) be waiting what would happen to elvie;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahrw- sweet! this somehow compleated their story. The whole nasty business in the first book does´nt seem so bad any more:-) all that is left now is for Elvie to have that talk with her dad. as you know i have been looking forward to that ever since the end of the first book.

    Am also looking forward to seeing how you will turn Joshwin into a man ;-)

    ___

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete