Elvirina belongs to the Thumánn people, a breed that appears human. Their secret society is set apart by their unique gifts, a very different way of life and lastly how they love their men. At birth, every Thumánn female is appointed a soul mate. At the age of seventeen, Elvirina is more than ready to start her adult life with her given soul mate– Joshwin. Living apart from their own people, but existing amongst humans, Elvirina and Joshwin are forced to change schools. A shift in their relationship occurs when Elvirina encounters the enigmatic Blake at her most vulnerable moment and must face the consequences.


Apr 27, 2011

Chapter 40: The Vent


Elvirina 

I closed the door behind me and turned the lock then leaned against the jamb. I was so nervous right now, but I just had to stare at Blake for a moment to regain my courage. I'd already opened my big mouth and let him in on my plan for him.

Blake sat down on the bed calmly. It took the world to shake his composure. I couldn't believe that I got to have two people, who were so immensely different, together in my world.

“Come here,” Blake said tenderly. The sizzle intensified, but I trusted Blake had that completely under control. Understandably, it had been vibrating at all kinds of highs and lows today. We both knew how dangerous he could be. My scar proved it.

I took the few steps that placed myself in front of my new husband. My heart was swollen with all these new feelings. I just needed to work a little to balance it all out.

Blake fished something out of his pocket, and then glanced at me with his loving eyes. “I have something else for you.” I looked down to his hands, where he was turning something shiny over between his fingers.

“No presents... remember?” I ran my fingers through his hair. I smiled knowing that he was growing it out to look more like his new family. I curled my hands into fists around the soft silky strands.

“I don't care,” he mumbled and sighed. He held out a hand flat with the palm up. On his hand was a thin gold band, elegant and simple. “You don't have to wear it. I just wanted you to have one.” I picked the ring up from his palm.

“It's perfect.” I felt the cold metal against the tips of my finger. It flickered in the soft yellow light.

“Can I?” He asked. I nodded and Blake took the ring. I held out my right hand and he slid the band on my finger. Blake smiled widely and traced a thumb over the smooth surface.

“Thank you,” I whispered.

“You're welcome... wife.” He smirked before resting his head against my chest. I stood at the edge of the bed, where he put his hands on my lower legs and moved them up under my dress, slowly touching. The warmth of his palms sent my heart into overdrive. Knowing tonight would be a climax - a vent to defuse the potentially explosive chemistry between us. The last few weeks had been sizzling hot between us, wound tighter and tighter with each passing day. It was only a matter of time before it would snap. I touched the plane of his face. I circled his eyes and skated my fingers down the bridge of his elegant nose. His face was so clear and  never grew dark anymore. He was never away from me for an extended period of time. He didn’t suffer the pain of our separation so his face was always healthy and not distorted by darkness and agony.

“You're beautiful,” I murmured.

“Not compared to you.” His hands were far gone up my dress. “Can I?” He challenged wickedly, the same moment fingers hooked into the edge of my panties. This was the energy that I was talking about – a completely uncontrolled chemistry.

“Absolutely.” I surrendered provocatively. I could see my answer was utterly unexpected. “Well?” I pushed gloating.

“You're gonna be the death of me.” His lips moved hypnotically, but then he dragged my panties slowly down my legs.

“I already am.” I shrugged lightly. We had died together last fall and now we got to live together. Blake sat silently for a moment, before he moved to the buttons of my dress and began opening them slowly. The straps fell off my shoulders and I eased my arms through. Leaving the silk hanging loosely around my waist. I was exposed from the waist up.

Blake's warm hands traced firmly around my waist and pulled me closer. His chin rested against my stomach while he gazed up at me. “You are so perfect,” he whispered.

“Not anymore,” I mumbled. Blake let his fingers run over the ruined skin, the grotesque scar that was set in dramatic hues and uneven surfaces. I still found it hard to look at and to accept. He stretched a little and pressed his lips to my deformed skin. His lips moved warm and soft a few times. “I won’t hear it,” he dismissed. “You're perfection to me.” It was odd to have him openly and deliberately kiss what I hated most about my body, but that place on my body belonged solely to him.

“Fine,” I grunted dramatically, before getting depressed. Not tonight.

Blake moved his hands up along my spine to my neck, while his eyes, filled with desire, found mine. “I was wondering... would he feel this?” A hand moved around to my stomach and began softly kneading and caressing my breast. It added another layer of excitement and I took in an erratic breath.

“I don't think so.” I chewed my lip. “He took off not too long ago with a bottle of wine.” I would keep it secret that I planned to block Joshwin from what was about to happen between Blake and I. I didn't care that I wasn't allowed. It was for his protection.

“Guess not then,” Blake concluded and kissed my stomach pressing his tongue against my skin. The insides of my legs tingled in anticipation.

“Blake?” I sighed, clawing to stay alert. My mind already started hazing at the gentle moist caress from his mouth.

“Mmm.” He didn't look up, but just kept provoking me with delicate sweeps of his lips.

“Remember there was something I wanted to try to give you.” I gasped slightly closed in a dense fog. His mouth combined with the thrilling tingling from him was simply too good to be true.

He looked up intrigued. “We already tried this.” He grinned and cocked a suggestive brow. Without the movements across my body, it was easier to penetrate the maze like mist. I needed complete control to make this work. I refocused my mind.

“I'm not talking about that... really.” I shrugged with a clearer head already.

“Then what?” Blake asked, while his hands were busy slowly memorizing every inch of my upper body.

“It might not work.” I pursed my lips nervously. It wasn't like I'd tried this many times. We had fooled around a little, but that was a far stretch from what was going to happen today. I had no clue what I was doing. I forced my hands to keep busy in order to stop fidgeting. I started opening buttons in his shirt, but my motions were nowhere near as fluent as his. The stupid things didn't want to open. Blake placed calm hands over mine.

“What is it, sweetheart?” He calmly laced his fingers through mine and slowly helped me opening the tiny things in his shirt. He kept his inquisitive eyes on my face, while I focused on the buttons. “Elvia...” He shrugged out of his shirt revealing an enticing chest. I wanted nothing more than to lose myself against. “It's just us. We don't have to do anything right now. I didn't mean to push.” The worried edge on his face warned me. I checked my body, which was vibrating nervously and twitching so much that I'd practically bitten my lip to the point of bleeding.

“I'm just a little nervous.” I drew a centering breath, instantly feeling calmer. “I know it's just us.” I found the place inside me that controlled all my hormones and purposely set a few free.  I felt the change in my face and the way my body moved instantly. I straddled his lap, while sitting on my knees on the bed.

“Now that is really improper.” Blake grinned surprised. “And a little scary the way you can flip like a switch.”

“I know.” I hugged my arms around his neck, lacing my fingers into his hair. The way I was controlled by my urges was what had gotten all of us into this mess in the first place. I just didn't mind my mess anymore. “Blake... I just... I don't really know how to do this with you and my mind was a little out of sorts the last time. I'm not sure how to, er...” I swallowed noisily.

“Ah.” He nodded knowingly. “Remember, it is just us. No right and no wrong. We will learn together, okay?” I nodded feeling slightly more at ease. “So what am I getting for Christmas? I'm intrigued,” he crooned and widened his eyes momentarily.

“Well...” I pressed my lips against his. I let my tongue do a little purposeful slip against his mouth, tasting him before I spoke. “I have this theory.” His warmth was making a potent urgent brew inside me. I'd learned by now how powerful and dangerous that I could be in the wrong hands, but I was in the right hands now and I was in heaven.

“Do tell.” Blake gave a hungry stare at my lips.

“Remember it might not work,” I chimed. I leaned my forehead against his. I could sense a burning desire within several places in him. His eyes smoldered, his lips had a specific twist, his hands were firm when he touched me and where I sat something had change from soft to hard.

“Stop teasing,” he whispered then gasped slightly when I couldn't stop my hips from grinding against him. Oh Earth, I wanted him.

“I'm not.” I let my eyes stare into his. “Remember when we were healing?” I paused and he nodded once. “The talk we had, or mainly you, about making love with the soul mate bond that we shared? You said you would like to try and that it had to be extreme.” My voice had a specific purr when I used his words.

Blake looked a little wary. “I'm not going through that pain again.”

“I don't think you have to.” My heart raced even thinking about the intensity of finally being with him. My body ached to have him closer.

“I'm not sure that I follow.” He shook his head confused.

“You've said all along that you don't think our bond is completely broken?” I pushed.

“Because it's not.” Blake felt it if he was away from me for too long.

“See... so remember what happened after the slightly intimate talk? We sort of connected on a different level. It was something deeper, a different place.” He nodded with a content smile, clearly remembering. “That was our bond and I know we've touched it since. I think we can find that bond and place again... then make love.” The soft and smooth chime in my voice almost turned myself on.

Blake smiled impressed. “You are really devious.”

“I know.” I had way too many hormones and too much time to think about it.

“I like it,” Blake said with his lips pressed against my neck.

“That's what I wanted to try. I want to give you something you wanted.”

Blake kissing up the column of my neck provoked the hazy fog again. He was the opposite of Joshwin. He was so much more straightforward. Right here and right now,  he touched me in a way that Joshwin never did. The chemistry between us was physical and strong and Blake made no effort to hide how much he wanted me. Here in his room alone with him, it thrilled and excited me to an unknown level. I was about to dismount. “Don't move.” Blake's hands at my hips held me back. He smiled thankfully. “I love you. We might not be soul mates, but you are my soul. You are my home.”

A mass swelled in my throat for the millionth time and I tried to speak around it. “I love you.” My voice broke and my eyes were no longer dry. I took his face between my hands and kissed him. The kiss had the depth of an eternity.

I got off the bed, taking Blake's hand and pulled him up. My head rested against the plane of his chest. His smell was so sweet and tantalizing to my heart and mind. I could see why nothing in me had said no to him the first time. I was far beyond attracted to him. There was something chemical inside of me pushing me toward him.

I unhooked his pant button and he helped pulling his pants down. “If you plan on being naked when we try this, I'm not sure I can keep my hands off you again,” he rasped.

Ugh. “I haven't really thought about it.” I looked up conflicted, severely influenced about the coming nakedness.

“Breathe. It's still just us.” Blake locked my face between his large warm hands. I nodded. “I think we should go for naked. I have a feeling that we're going to end up like that anyway.” He smiled impishly.

“You're right.” I chuckled and muscles clenched deep inside my belly.

“Let me do the honors.” He unbuttoned the top one that barely held my dress to my waist. It dropped all airy and floated to the floor the same second the button was unleashed. Blake sighed and then pulled his boxers down, leaving us both naked. We crawled under the sheets, pulling them close to our faces. Legs locked into each other and we lay close, with our faces less than an inch apart. Blake had a hand behind my neck and his thumb was repeatedly stroking the clipped strands at my hairline..

I shut my eyes for a second and drew in a calming breath ,while trying to center myself. I formed black walls around us, closing us mentally in a private little bubble. I would spare Joshwin the concern. I needed the confined space to preserve the intensity. I focused my all my energy and emotions on the remainders of the bond that I'd shared with Blake when he'd saved my life. The thing that my mom hadn't been able to revoke completely.

I opened my eyes and focused deep into his. I concentrated on my want for him roaring inside me, on his soul and the burning intensity of our attraction. His eyes devoured me and we knew what we both wanted. I released all the desire that I had and all my emotions flowed into the hurricane whipping up inside me. I touched my fingers to his lips to make one more small physical connection. I channeled the energy towards Blake.

“Do you feel it?” I whispered low not to disturb the peace surrounding our bodies. What I felt was entirely mental. The room was dead silent.

“Absolutely,” he mouthed intoxicated. His breath was calm and deep, eyes reaching deep inside of me. Right here, there was no time, no world and no mistakes. It was just us, in our perfect tranquil place that existed on love.

“It's intense.” Blake’s breathing got heavier after a while.

“Yes.” Time passed while we existed and twirled in this exhilarating mental realm. Blake gently moved closer and hooked an arm around my waist, while pressing me against his body. His eyes were soft and trance like when they closed for a short while. They opened again, his breath deepened suddenly and his eyes were darker, deeper and hungry. I took the sign and carefully kissed his warm lips. It sizzled dangerously between us as Blake carefully rolled me to my back. He followed with limbs still twined together. The electricity resonating from him sizzled darker and stronger than I'd ever I felt it.

“Careful,” I warned. I wasn't about to get zapped again. He nodded, looking conflicted before his face turned inward for a moment. His lips found mine and the humming was still strong, but more controlled and non-threatening now. The heat of his long body radiated against my skin. I was ready for him. I longed and ached for him. I was pressed down by his weight. The energy between us was anything but soft and no longer purely mental. The physical chemistry was distinct, mind-blowing and literally begging to be fed. Blake's tongue circled around mine. He tasted heavenly. He had my arms softly pinned over my head, as our legs twisted and grinded along with each other. My neck had a wet trail to my lips that Blake had left before he lifted his head over me. His eyes were consumed by a deep dark yearning and he was so lost in the moment. I worried it was too much for his human heart to bear. Haze clouded my mind again. Before concern could really fester in my chest, it vanished.

I opened my legs allowing Blake to move closer. I couldn't stop my unashamed brushes against his hips, almost begging for him to take me as he pressed me harder into the mattress. It felt so primal, but I couldn't wait any longer. He drew a deep breath, just before I felt him hard and warm between my legs. I freed my arms and wrapped them possessively around his neck. Gently, he started pushing inside me. Slowly, he was slipping deeper and deeper, burying himself to the hilt. The strain wasn't painful like the first time, and after the first thrust, the hint of tension was gone. I was supernaturally sensitive all over and hallucinatory images flowed in a wonderful chaotic riot inside me, almost like staring into a kaleidoscope. This was what we had waited for. I would have to say it was definitely worth the wait.

I could hear heavy breathing and unsubtle moans I knew belonged to me. I was lost in this powerful sensation. I'd never imagined anything this intense and overpowering in my life. My heart pounded in my chest as Blake thrusted against me, feeding me what I longed for so much.

The dangerous humming electricity waved back and forth, a few times close to peaking. I found Blake's eyes to capture his attention.

“Blake,” I called. His eyes were unseeingly opened to mine. He looked like he was in a trance. When I stroked his beautiful face the filmy sheen over the irises evaporated and the color became brighter. His hair was clinging to his moistened skin. “Blake, you are dangerously close to zapping me.” I swallowed between pants, needing more oxygen.

He stopped moving and drew a hand down his chest and stopped at his heart. “I am, aren't I?” He said fighting for air. I nodded in response. He breathed deeply to steady his staggering breath. He closed his eyes for a second. “There... How’s that?”

“Much better.” The humming that I felt now was far more controlled.

“Sorry about that. I didn't hurt you, did I?” He kissed the tip of my nose.

“No. Certainly not.” I arched a brow sensually.

“This is freakishly intense,” he whispered hovering above me, bracing himself on his knuckles.

“Is it what you imagined?”

“It's more, it's... everything,” he breathed. My hand pushed the clinging hair off his face. He slipped down to lay beside me, breaking our connection. It stirred uneasy in the pit of my stomach. My hunger for him wasn't satisfied. I let him rest for a short moment then I climbed over him this time.

He smiled up at me, salaciously. “You're not done, are you?”

“Nope.” I grinned. “Far from it and neither are you... so it seems.” I nudged his hips with my thighs. I took him inside me again and slowly sank down. The filling sensation was exquisite. He hooked a finger through my very untraditional Thumánn necklace that sealed our marriage, and pulled me down to him. His lips found mine and we greedily continued making love.

Round two of our intimacy was closer to earth, than round one. It was lighter and not the same soul deep and mental connection that fogged my mind dangerously.



“Last night was intense,” Blake croaked the minute his eyes slid open.

“I won't disagree with you there.” I laughed shortly. It sizzled in my stomach. The memory was still so very fresh in my mind. It had only been a few hours. Sleep hadn't been a priority.

“It was like sex on drugs.” He rolled to his back, pushing his hand into his hair.

“Oh,” I muttered shocked. I chewed my lip. I'd never really thought about Blake's past. “Would you... have experience with that?” I asked cautiously.

Blake shifted to his side and rested his head in his hand. “Er...” He hesitated amused. “Yes.” His fingertips slipped over my skin and down between my breasts, leaving warmth and desire in its wake. “... with one.”

“Which one?” I held my breath tensely.

His lips narrowed while he gave me a teasing gaze. “Drugs,” he said finally.

I stared at him astonished. “So you never...” I didn't finish the sentence.

“Sure, I have.” He paused letting me suffer a long few moments. “Twice now... counting last night.”

“You're an idiot.” I smacked his chest, feigning annoyance while trying to hide a relief that surprisingly cursed through my body. I had never expected Blake to go lonely through his school years, but hearing him say it caused an unexpected satisfaction. I shifted to lying on my stomach. “How about the drugs?” I wondered after a while.

“You mean besides the stuff your mom seems to hand out on a pharmaceutical basis?”

“Sure.” I rolled my eyes, knowing Blake had been subject to a few of those.

“I've experimented a little, but nothing too bad. Just about the same as you.” He cocked a brow at me. I groaned and hid my face in the pillow. It definitely wasn't one of my finer moments, getting busted on a roof with Serenity.

I uncovered my face again. “But you seriously haven't... with anyone?” It was hard to believe that he had saved all that gorgeousness. I knew hundreds of girls at school who would gladly relieve Blake of any kind of need that he might have. I guess I could count myself among them.

“No. I er, I just didn't feel like going down that road with anyone.” Blake's charming dimples dented his cheeks then he started following the patterns up my spine that Joshwin had made. “Until this extraordinary black haired girl literally fell into my bed one Friday afternoon.” His warm palm smoothed over my back, down below the sheets that were covering the small of my back and legs. His hand gently searched between my thighs, stroking me very gently. “Are you sore?” His voice was a breath above a whisper. I felt him stir to life again against my hip.

“Not as much as I’m going to be,” I purred, already overtaken with an untarnished need for him again. When I rolled on my back, it ached in the pit of my stomach. With his mouth, he started to worship my breasts deliberately. It was still dark outside as Blake’s hands and mouth provoked the haze to cloud my mind again.  It had been only a few hours, but I needed him again. I wanted the intimate connection and for him to fill me again.

I followed Blake's slow breaths beside me. His face was so peaceful, tranquil and happy. We were happy. No matter the lack of sleep from the night I couldn't fall asleep again.  My mind flopped around and I kept wondering about what transpired between us. We finally got to enjoy each other. All of this had an edge of being too good to be true. I listened to Blake's heart pumping steady in his chest. It calmed any unfruitful thought that I had.

My eyes flipped to the white wall. I didn't appreciate it in its emptiness. It gave a lonely twist to this room. It was wrong. I carefully moved off the bed, making sure not to wake Blake. I found two old pencils in the desk in the room. They would have to do. I took the pencil and put the dark tip to the wall. Lines formed shapes and I started filling the empty loneliness of the white wall, with memories of last night. I drew Blake's graceful face when he looked at me. The sketch looked tiny against the ocean of white, but instinctively I knew with time this wall would be filled with memories.

“Now that's a sight.” Blake's raspy voice came from the bed. He sat up with a sleep weary face and snuggled in the sheets.

“I guess I forgot to put clothes on.” I looked down at my naked frame.

“Don't get cold.” He lurked off the bed and sat down behind me. He wrapped his arms and long legs around and covered me in the sheets. I stopped drawing and sat still enclosed in the shelter that Blake made around me.

“I love you,” he whispered and tenderly kissed my bare shoulder. “What time is it?”

I looked out the window evaluated the sun had been up for a while. “Almost noon.”

“Are you hungry?” He whispered.

“Yes.” I grinned when my stomach decided to answer with a growl.

“You want me to get you something?” His voice was still raspy from sleep.

“No... I need to see Joshwin.” I followed every twitch Blake's body made behind me. I didn't want to hurt him, but today I had someone else to worry about. Blake didn't answer, but I could feel him nod behind me. I borrowed a sweater of his and headed to my bathroom for a shower before going to find Joshwin. I was worried what last night and my block would have done to him. He said that he was fine with my second marriage, but I had to see for myself to be absolutely sure.

Down at lunch, Joshwin sat quietly, struggling with his food. It was what I feared. I had no idea what last night had been like for him. He looked pale and unsteady.

“Morning.” I chose a seat next to him and stared at him concerned. Joshwin gave me a lazy smile before he returned to poking at his food.

“Don't worry daughter,” Dad said, and then grinned. “He's just a little hung over.” He paused. “We've all been there.” All the dads, including my mom snickered. It was completely awkward, but thankfully took the edge of the tension off. It was odd to sit here having just given my body to Blake and worry about Joshwin for that same reason.

“Oh,” I gasped. This was all very new to me. Joshwin turned to face me again, but there was something in his eyes that was worse than the hangover. The hurt was deeper. This was what I had expected. This was a broken heart.

Joshwin picked at his bread and put a tiny piece in his mouth. “Drink this.” Dew materialized from the kitchen and placed a tall glass in front of Joshwin.

He looked up. “What is it?”

“You don't wanna know, but I promise it will take the edge off.” Joshwin didn't ask again and his face pulled into a distasteful grimace, when he poured the thick orange fluid down. He emptied the whole thing in one long gulp.

“Jeez, that was nasty,” he croaked and coughed uncomfortably wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. Dad chuckled. On occasion, I had seen all of my dads drink that sordid colored mystical mix up of Dew's. I ate my lunch with a watchful eye on Joshwin's face.

Blake came down not long after me. His hair was still wet and he was back in his usual black t-shirt and fitted jeans. To be honest, this was the way that I preferred him. This was my Blake, the way I knew him.

“Morning.”

“It's lunch,” Junius said apathetically.

“Right,” Blake rasped dryly. Once again, Dew came out of nowhere and placed a cup of coffee in front of Blake. “Thanks.” Blake looked up appreciatively. This was one of the reasons that he loved it here. There was someone without request or motive that would fix a simple coffee for him. People seemed to make this first morning as smooth as possible and avoid any awkward topics, such as any more comments to why Joshwin was extremely hung over and Blake and I came down for breakfast at lunch. I had not successfully tried to keep my mind out of the gutter, but now and again tiny images of my first night with Blake floated to the surface. Whenever I tried force the recollection back, I squirmed in my seat and the satisfied dull ache located high up my thighs reminded me all over again.

I was barely done chewing the last bit of my apple, when I would have the scolding that I knew was coming. I had broken a crucial rule of Joshwin's, but I had acted out of protection and would block him again. “Come outside with me,” Joshwin requested.

I looked around the table at all the faces. “Sure.” I found Blake wary face. He too was concerned. I followed Joshwin out to the back porch and took a careful seat on the bench. He leaned forward with his elbows on his knees, staring straight ahead.

“You blocked me last night.” He turned his head to face me. His expression was enigmatic.

“Yes.” I admitted. I couldn't escape the guilt, but I owned it.

“Good... I wasn't sure.” He threw me an odd grimace. “I was a little drunk.”

“I imagine a bottle of wine and a few extras would do that to you.”

“Yeah.” He looked down again and vigorously ran his hands over his face and sighed.

“I'm sorry about the block,” I mumbled. “It was for your protection.”

“It's what I wanted to talk to you about.” He paused and sighed once more. “Could you do that, I mean, every time...” he trailed off hauling in a deep breath. “Every time you're with him?” The deep-set pain that I knew lived in him flared.

I nodded. “Okay.”

“Good. I don't think I can take it, if you don't. I got a little taste of it last night and the past week. The two of you are like a science experiment gone horribly wrong.”

I chucked surprised. “You sound like him.”

“Oh no.” He tilted his head into his hands, groaning.

“We'll make this work, Joshwin.” I breathed in the cold air. It sent a tiny panic into my lungs. “How bad was it for you?”

Joshwin looked down and leaned his face into his palm. “Bad, but I don't want to talk about it.” He snorted uneasy. He took my hand and kissed my knuckles. “I need you to be happy... and this morning you're radiant.” A hint of a smile brushed his lips.

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For letting me have Blake.”

“Anything for you.” He rested his head in my palm. I put out my right hand to stroke his cheek when the winter sun caught the gold band circling my finger. “What is this?” Joshwin pushed his finger over the surface of the ring.

“Blake gave me a wedding ring.”

“It's pretty, but be careful.” Joshwin released my hand again. I couldn't judge if he was offended by this human marriage token on my hand or not, but it wasn't his decision if I should wear it or not.

“I love you.”

“Not as much as I love you.” Joshwin's smile almost reached the pre-Blake chaos bar.

“Hey, look who's up and what the hell did you do to Saddettin? He's not even up yet.” Serenity complained and tapped a foot agitated against the planks. Her hands rested irritated on her hips.

“Morning, Serenity.” Joshwin and I muttered simultaneously and then cracked a wary grin.

“By the way, where did you go last night?” I asked curiously.

“You better ask Blake. I'm not entirely sure.”

“Ask me what?” Blake emerged around the corner. “Dew said you might need another shot of whatever the hell this disgusting brew is.” He handed Joshwin another glass of orange foul smelling hangover cure. Joshwin looked at it like Blake had placed a bomb in his hand.

“Where did Joshwin go last night?” I asked Blake.

“Oh, that. It's a secret, but I created an escape route in case he needed it. He just didn't know.” Blake tilted a hot cup of coffee to his lips and sipped carefully.

I looked at Joshwin. “I didn't,” he answered evenly and stared at the glass.

“He wouldn't have taken the offer if it was coming from me, so I had Saddettin for an ally,” Blake said casually.

“Oh yes and, by the way, the next time you place my soul mate outside my room without my knowledge...” Blake cut her off.

“Give it a rest, Serenity, you're not supposed to know everything.” She was about to fling herself into a repartee with Blake when a sick looking Saddettin placed a hand over her mouth.

“Don't honey.” Saddettin crackled. His voice was worn and his eyes were tired. His dark tawny face was pale and glistening with a tiny sheen of sweat. He was even more hung over than Joshwin. They way the two of them looked I was never getting drunk. Ever.

“Drink this.” Joshwin passed the glass on to Saddettin, who took it with the corners of his mouth turning south. “It'll make you feel better,” Joshwin coaxed.

“It looks like cat vomit.” Saddettin mumbled before he used the same technique as Joshwin and threw the thing down in one long swoop. “Ew,” he complained strained when he was done. Joshwin smiled gloating that he had escaped the infested looking drink.

“So did you tell her?” Blake looked expectantly at Joshwin.

“Not yet,” he muttered.

“Tell me what?” I looked back and forth between them. Joshwin looked too sick to care to speak, so I settled for an eye prodding attack on Blake.

“You’re going back to school,” Blake said proudly.

“Blake,” I complained. “I thought that we had been over this.”

Joshwin joined in. “You are. Blake worked something out with Quellan.”

“But I have missed months. I will have to redo the entire semester,” I groaned. I really didn't want to. I would have no classes with Serenity and either Joshwin or Blake. Besides, what was I going to do with it anyway? My life was here, the traditional way.

Blake chuckled. “No you don't. Apparently, you have done all the extra assignments when you have been sick, so you work is all up to date.”

I stared at him bluntly. “I didn't do anything?”

“No, but Trevor was getting bored and needed some extra cash. He was... helpful.” Blake nonchalantly drank another mouthful of coffee.

I couldn't believe this. “You agreed to this, Joshwin?”

“Yes. It’s two against one. I miss having you there.” Joshwin shrugged indifferent to his defiance to me.

“Wow. They really outplayed you?” Serenity laughed

“So when am I going back?”

“Monday,” Blake said and I groaned. I didn't have a choice. I didn't want to fight with either of them, but I was not happy about them forcing my hand like this. However, I feared it wouldn’t be a last.

4 comments:

  1. awe they consummated their marriage =)...poor Joshwin...I hope in time he will be ok...what a bombshell! Elvie's going back to school...lol...fun times. great chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that chemistry flowing... Makes me all warm inside. I love the relationship between Blake and Elvie. You are so very good at capturing feelings Nelly. I'm so happy to be able to read your work.

    TO ALL THE READERS OF THIS STORY! Give Nelly a break and comment on her work! Imagine her sitting there, creating - spending hours and hours - getting NOTHING back! She is kind enough to let us read this amazingly written story, all for free - just asking for a few words of you... To all of you that will not even grant her that payback - SHAME ON YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. malin i agree too
    omg lol hahha u cant never run away from school lol hahah love it u did a great amazing job as always;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved, loved, loved, loved it!!! a big wow to that chemistry!!! haha she's going back to school, hows that going to work out for that little love triangle!!!!!!
    can't wait for more :) x x

    ReplyDelete